It is that time of the year again when we look forward to the delightful food offered during the month of Ramzaan and though most of us don’t fast we are love to be around the beautiful Jama Masjid area around Iftar (the time when the fasting community breaks their fast for the day)! Like every year this year too my food group The Delhi foodie club #TDfc visited the Jama Masjid and its mystic lanes and bylanes to experience the meaty delights that are being cooked up before Eid.
#RamzaanFoodWalk which has become a #TDfc tradition, shows how much #welivetoeat. With a lot of first timers and a few of our dependable foodies we choose to visit the Jama Masjid and witness it in all its glory! Our food walkers kept asking us what’s next, what’s next and the 3 of us who led the walk kept leading them from one delicacy to another. The initial shyness, the inhibitions connected to street food, the indecisiveness all vanished as we moved deeper into the food paradise. Thank you all for making it to the walk and your continuous support to TDfc encourages us to keep on continuing the legacy which has germinated from the love for food.
The places we covered this time were both tried and tested and some dishes were new, but one thing is a fact, no matter how many times you come here you will be wanting more of it!
1. Lalu Kebabbe & Al Nisar for Buff Kebabs (opposite Gate No.1)
2. Paneer Jalebi at the Matia Mahan entrance
3. Aslam Chicken for Cream butter plus the amazing Chicken Seekh kebabs which are by far the best we tasted.
4. Watermelon Sharbat right after Aslam Chicken Corner on the left
5. Haji Shabrati for Nahari, Bheja & Nalli with the moti roti
6. Taufeeq’s (Dilpasand) Biryani
7. Gur ka Sharbat by Akheel Ahmad
8. And finally Al Jawahar (again chose this over Karim’s) for the mutton burra and changezi chicken.
9. The desserts like always at Shahi Tukda stall accompanied with some Phirni and Mango ice-cream.
Lalu Kebabbe and Al Nisar (Opposite Gate No. 1, Urdu Bazaar, Jama Masjid, Delhi)
Paneer Jalebi, Matia Mahal Road.
Aslam Chicken Corner, Matia Mahal road.
Watermelon Sharbat, right after Aslam Chicken Corner on the left!
Haji Shabrati Nahari Waale!
Taufeeq’s famous Dilpasand Biryani!
Akheel Ahmad’s Gur (Jaggery) ka sharbat, Chitli Kabar road!
Al Jawahar Restaurant, Matia Mahal Road.
Shahi Tukda, Mango Ice-cream & Phirni, Matia Mahal Road.
The mehman-nawaazi and the rich culture of this place is what food stories are made of and TDfc loves to visit it again and again!